Ever since I attended the A360 Digital event which helped me to identify what my Massively Transformative Purpose (MVP) was I have found myself procrastinating a lot more.
I am not 100% sure why or how this happened but I seem to be spending a lot more time on social media and Youtube.
Maybe it is because an MVP is such a daunting task to undertake that I have been putting off starting. Whatever the reason I finally decided to snap out of it this morning. After a short meditation session to get me back on track, I wrote out my TODO list for my MVP.
But then I hit another brick wall that almost had me opening Youtube again... Where to start? The list included some hard, some easy, some fun and some not so fun items.
I decided to leave it up to fate to decide and created a fun new game I call Procrastination Bingo! (No relation to this Procrastination Bingo).
How To Play
- Write out your High-Level TODO list on some strips of paper.
- Place each of those strips of paper into a bag.
- Mix up the bag.
- Pull out one item.
- If that item can be completed easily then do it.
- If that item needs to be broken down then spend the time to write a TODO list just for that item.
- Select one of those sub-todo items that can be completed easily or create a sub-todo bingo game.
- Once the item is complete if it has further sub-todo items still left to complete then place it back into the bag.
- If there are no more items to complete or the task is not one that you need to repeat on some interval then place it into your completed tasks jar.
I spent the day completing items off my list and I feel much more productive today than I have done for a long time.
What tricks do you use to stop yourself procrastinating? Share with me on Twitter or in the comments.